On March 2, 1945, Frank Cochran, Sr., and J. Madison Allen entered into a partnership for “…the buying, selling and vending of trucks, farm machinery and all sorts of goods and equipment incident to the retail Farm Machine business.” The firm name of the partnership was Cochran-Allen Equipment Co. In 1946, the company built this building on the northeast corner of the intersection of Fifth and Pullman streets:
The partnership was dissolved on April 3, 1948, and Frank Cochran, Sr., as sole proprietor, changed the firm name to Cochran Implement Co. In 1958, he sold the business to James Roberson of Plain Dealing.
The following picture taken on October 21, 2007, from approximately the same spot, shows what remains of the building today: